Ways to Support
Floral Workshop & Fundraiser for Roots of Development
Sunday, April 3, 2022 – 4:00pm EST
Join us for a virtual fundraiser in support of young women in Haiti. Learn how to purchase, arrange, and care for flowers like a professional. You’ll learn interesting facts about flowers and tips for creating beautiful arrangements for your home or as gifts for friends and family. All proceeds go directly to Roots of Development.
$40 tax-deductible donation to participate.
Virtual Event. Live on Zoom.
“How to Purchase, Arrange, and Care for Flowers like a Pro”
Marian Bissonnette, of Foliage Blooms, is donating her time and expertise to help Roots of Development raise funds for motorcycle courses for young women on the island of La Gonave, Haiti. She uses her 40+ years of teaching experience, passion as a flower enthusiast, and skills as professional designer to bring you a workshop on flower arranging that is both fun and informative.
Upon registering, you will receive an email containing a recipe of flowers to purchase, a list of materials necessary for the workshop, and a color chart with information on how to use color to create a mood in an arrangement. Space is limited so reserve your space today by donating below.
The Floral Workshop Includes…
- A list of the flowers to buy for the “Purchase Like a Pro” workshop
- Instructions on what to look for when buying stems from a store
- General tips and tricks of flower arranging
- A recipe for creating a professional design
- Guided arrangement techniques, using the “lattice” approach
- Information on flower care to extend the life of your arrangement
- Q&A throughout the event
- Fun, friendship and support for Roots of Development
The following is not included…
- Flowers (you will buy your own in advance of the workshop)
- Vase (You can use any vase you have. Please try and find one with a diameter of about 3-4 inches and please note that the shorter the vase, the more difficult the technique.)
- Flower food packet (often comes with your flowers and is important).
- Cutting shears
Motorcycle Courses for Young Women in Haiti
All proceeds from the workshop will help fund motorcycle courses for young women on the island of La Gonave.
The courses were started last year by our local partner, Rasin Devlopman, with the goal of helping young women gain greater independence and access opportunities that have mostly been off limits. Graduates of last year’s program have reported greater confidence and an increase in their ability to support their families. Some now own their own motorcycles and have even started earning income.
Each course costs about $2,000. We are hoping to provide funding for at least two new courses this year. Please help us achieve this goal by donating and attending this fun and informative workshop.
Space is limited. Reserve your spot today.
Floral Workshop Event Registration
Roots of Development is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization (EIN 80-0490699). Your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.